You are about to sign up for Domain Name Services or Hosting at NameCheap but have some concerns. This Namecheap evaluation is based on a long time of using the services here, hopefully, it will help you get the most out of Namecheap.
Namecheap was founded in 2000 by Richard Kirkendall, an eNom domain name agent, and provider of affordable Hosting Services based in Phoenix, Arizona.
In November 2010, Namecheap was voted the best domain name registrar on the Lifehacker blog. In September 2012, Namecheap was voted by Lifehacker readers as the most popular domain name registration service.
In September 2013, Namecheap accepts payment in Bitcoin.
Advantages of Namecheap
This article evaluates Namecheap mainly focused on the advantages:
- Over 16 years of experience in domain/hosting.
- Domain name here is quite cheap and diversified. Especially with Crazy Sale – domain name discount for only $ 0.88 in the first year, unlimited number.
- Hosting here is extremely cheap, the first year you will be buying at very favorable prices.
- Frequently launch promotions, discounts (especially Black Friday and Cyber Monday) so do not forget to visit Find Coupon regularly to update.
- When you purchase a domain name at Namecheap you also get a free domain name WhoisGuard information service ($ 2.88 for the next year).
- When buying cheap hosting at Namecheap you are subscribed to the PositiveSSL service for only $ 1.99 for the first year.
- Supported payment methods such as Visa / Master, Paypal, Bitcoin, …
- Support 24/7 via Livechat. I really like the Namecheap support team, you just wait 5-10 minutes to have someone support you.
- The refund policy is also fast and prestige.
Disadvantages of Namecheap
- Hosting is weak if compared to HostGator or BlueHost. However, at cheap prices, it can not be compared with other famous hosting providers with higher prices, but Hosting in Namecheap quality is still very good.
In general, Namecheap is one of the most valuable domain name / hosting services available today. Through this Namecheap review, I hope you will choose this company for your upcoming needs.